Key business challenges:
The organisation had been in business for an extended period of time, had experienced rapid growth and sought to connect the various parts of the organisation in a meaningful, efficient and effective manner. Multiple value propositions, key-man dependencies, no formal documentation of methods, approaches, models and processes, meant that the organisation was at risk of losing the value propositions upon which it depended. Communication was highlighted as a concern, as there were pockets of communication lines which were not filtering across the organisation. The business was filled with exhausted improvisers – i.e., minimal use of technology, processes not streamlined, documented or communicated.
A Core Programme was run for a period of two years wherein a group of young leaders contributed to the design, development and implementation of a central knowledge strategy that included the following:
• Designing an organisation ecosystem that communicated the values, vision and purpose of the organisation.
• Designing business unit processes and identified skill gaps.
• Designing an information management framework.
• Designing an innovation management framework.
• Designing a performance management framework.
• Designing a bespoke technology with workflows to automate processes.
How we helped their business grow:
• A collaborative organisation that connected to the Core Values and Vision.
• Clear communication processes that included all parties at all levels, including clients.
• Development of a group of young leaders who influenced their teams through viral change and assisted the organisation to reach their strategic goals.
• Development of processes to support value propositions.
• Design and development of a bespoke technology to support the organisation.
• Development of an innovation process to filter ideas and develop where applicable.
• Knowledge transfer between key individuals.
• Integrated business units working collaboratively to solve client problems.
• Improved communication across the organisation.
• Accountability for the values and vision of the organisation on behalf of all its members.
• Integrated solutions being put in place.
Designing an innovation management framework.
Designing business unit processes and identified skill gaps.
Designing a bespoke technology with workflows to automate processes.
A collaborative organisation that connected to the Core Values and Vision.
Development of processes to support value propositions.
Integrated solutions being put in place.