The client is a large financial services provider, offering personal and business banking, credit cards, corporate and investment banking, wealth and investment management as well as bancassurance. The clients registered head offices are in South Africa and the group has majority stakes in banks in the rest of Africa. The client is 62.3% owned by a large retail bank based in the United Kingdom.
The client has been a leader in the financial services industry for many years. However, as the world is moving to a digitally-enabled, globally connected environment, and their customers are becoming more enlightened, the threat of competition from existing traditional competitors as well as new and more nimble competitors in the fintech world prompted the client to embark on a journey to change the way they work to a more Lean and Agile approach.
Traditional approaches where new products and services take several months/ years to deliver, may no longer be appropriate in todays rapidly changing market.
IQ Business through agility@IQ (one of the leading Agile consulting organisations in South Africa), was asked to assist the clients Chief Technology Office (CTO) with their transition and transformation to a more lean and Agile approach. IQ Business was contracted to the Agile Adoption team to provide coaching and consulting services.
Key business challenges:
agility@IQ’s value proposition:
Enterprise Coaching Seven key initiatives:
1. Education CTO on Agile principles, tools and techniques.
2. Development of educational and skills roadmap.
3. Establishment and facilitation of Agile events (Lean Coffees, Open Space Technology, Brown Bags)
4. Focusing on change management activities and managing resistance to change.
5. Establishing visual control boards for CTO leadership teams.
6. Establishment of coaching collective to create a standard approach to coaching and consulting across teams and organizations.
7. Establishment and execution of Scrum Master Academy.
How we helped their business grow:
Education CTO on Agile principles, tools and techniques.
Development of educational and skills roadmap.
Focusing on change management activities and managing resistance to change.
agility is the competitive advantage to deliver new products and services with high value, fast.
Faster time-to-market for products and services.
Increased buy-in of leadership at all levels (executive leadership and middle management).