A tier 1 South African Bank needed to automate their models according to SARB and Basel regulations. This would create a controlled environment with change control processes and procedures in place to ensure proper governance techniques would be followed.
The project was divided into the following nine work streams:
- Integrated Model Framework SAS code that references the code for each model and allows the models to be automated on a single script.
- Technology requirements and platform created a stable and reliable technology environment, dealing with issues such as access, capacity, licensing and storage.
- RWAs and regulatory reporting provided regular communication and updates in terms of capital movements to all authoritative bodies including SARB, the holding company and Group Regulatory Finance.
- Management understanding and training roles and responsibilities were defined, and workshops were held to ensure efficient transfer of knowledge to all the relevant areas.
- Policy review, alignment and embedding to identify operational and methodological challenges relating to compliance and to adjust policies, develop and implement new policies.
- Governance to ensure governance processes and policies were adhered to.
- IT engagement to define and agree procedures to be followed for the production, testing and implementation of the models.
- Data integrity and quality to develop validation metrics for the models.
- Internal media communication and project update to ensure that all stakeholders were kept up to date with the progress of the project.
How we helped their business grow:
- Regulatory compliance Model, automation and optimisation.
- Stable capital numbers and reporting figures.
- Change control processes and procedures.
- Availability of resources.